Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

If nothing changes, everything stays the same

I first heard that phrase when I was a senior in high school and at PRC. I was young (still am :) and I was so frustrated by the phrase. What in the world was that supposed to mean? It seemed redundant to me. Of course things will stay the same if nothing changes, that's the very definition of the word. But as my time there went on, I began to understand. And as more time passes, I feel as though I come to understand it even more. And that understanding has developed into a love/hate relationship. In most areas, I am not terribly fond of change. Yet I realize that it is necessary to life. Sometimes we are forced to make a change, and sometimes it is something that we choose for ourselves. Sometimes it is a good change that comes almost naturally, and yet other times it is a choice to change that leaves you breathless and scrambling to make sense of life again. This has all been heavy on my mind for quite some time. I feel as though the past two years of my life have been filled immense change. Some good, some bad. And I'm afraid it's not done yet. I wish for just a little while life would slow down. I think I'm still reeling and for some reason I can't quite seem to find my footing. This is random and incomplete, but it's a start :) Goodnight friends.

No comments: