Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Yeah....

So, failure once again I suppose. But I'm not that upset by it. It's now mid-January and I'm back in Ar-kansas, trying to get back in the swing of being a college kid. Eek. I'm taking 18 hours and it's a bit intense. The classes themselves are okay, and I do like them all so far (except for Western Civ but that's just because it's Western Civ and well yeah) but the workload is a lot more than I was anticipating. I'm taking American Literature and there's a ton of reading for it which is part of the problem but that wouldn't be so bad (reading actual books for school? I mean come on!) except that I'm taking another English class. It's a creative writing class that I'm taking online through a school back home and I'm doing it accelerated - so I'll be done on like March 5th which will be nice. The bad part about that is that I have homework due every Tuesday and Friday and it's a lot of homework each time. But I'll make it. I think. This first week has been absolute chaos and if I'm being honest with myself I can't quite say that it's nice to be back. Not yet anyway. It's just that so much has happened and so many things have gone wrong or just not the way that I would've hoped that I haven't been able to deal with them. We get Monday off of classes though and I'm determined to make next week a good one.

To anyone who may read this, on accident or purpose, please send your prayers, thoughts, concerns to Brent Dunkley's family. I grew up with him, was in the same class with him through elementary and high school, did band together, etc. He passed away a couple of days ago. His younger sister is especially taking it hard.

More trivial, but my dog just died yesterday and that's a bit upsetting. But like I said, this next week will be one of victories, not defeats. One cool thing about my schedule is that I only have classes on MWF (also part of what makes it crazy but it works out) so I only have chapel and work on TR. Confession time: I decided to write this as yet another way to stall from doing my homework. But I better get back to it. Maybe you'll hear from me again soon :)

No comments: