Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Here's to you

Pick your jaws up off the floor friends. This is really happening. Another post. Whoa. Took even me by surprise. :) But really, I'm up late and kind of at peace and just thought I would drop a line. So hi!

One thing that I started doing after I wrecked my car was noting little things that I had taken for granted about it. Just the fact that it was such a nice car was one, though I didn't take that one entirely for granted; I was aware of how lucky I was and said things like I felt like a spoiled brat when I was driving it. But things like how big the rear window was - it was awesome to be able to see that much in the rear view mirror. Also the ability to raise and lower the seat. Trust me, when you're as short as I am, you appreciate things like that. There are plenty of other things I could say, but you get the idea. Well I got to thinking because of that - I hope I don't take for granted other things in my life and not notice how special they are until they're gone. So I've been trying to pay closer attention to things. And sometimes things just come out of nowhere to say hey, I'm here, appreciate me. My friends fall into that category. Now, I'm not saying any of them would demand appreciation, but they certainly deserve it and prove that to me time and time again. I have one friend who I haven't talked to in over a month, but that doesn't stop her from calling me a couple of times a week trying to get a hold of me. Another will listen to me at any hour of the day with advice for my ridiculous at the ready. Others allow themselves to be picked back up after my dropping them for so very long, without any grudges to be heard of. Again, I could go on and on, but I won't. I have to stop and shake my head as I write these and think of my friends in turn. What have I done to deserve such amazing people in my life? I honestly don't know. But I cannot express how much I love them and am thankful for them. I just hope that they somehow know.

No comments: