Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Two in a row!

I was reprimanded for not writing very often or very much in here, so this is an attempt to be better. Let's see...I wrote a little bit about my day off, so I guess I'll just go ahead and write about yesterday and today. Yesterday was Saturday which equates to hardcore cleaning all day. We start at 7 and do breakfast-y stuff, pack for the brunch ride, do dishes, etc. Then we have to heavy duty clean all of the rooms. This week was an almost completely full week - all but two rooms were being used. We did better than last week though - last week it took us till 5 but this week it only took us till about 3.45ish. All of us went out to dinner together in Gunnison; we fit 11 people in the excursion. Most of us went camping last night too which was really fun. It was pretty cold but we got a fire going (after some difficulty) and I had my awesome new sleeping bag to keep me warm. Oh and it started to rain a little bit in the middle of the night - we were all sleeping on a big tarp under the stars so we all got on one side and folded the tarp over ourselves. Instead of waking me up Kolby just tried to drag me to the other side in my sleeping bag - needless to say I woke up. But most excitingly! Sara Beth, Kandace, and I drove the old chevy, one of the work trucks, back to camp and on the way Sara Beth taught me how to drive stick. Woot! Only killed it twice: once on the startup and once on the finish, none in between. I'll still need lots of practice and preferably closer pedals (I had to hug the steering wheel to get the clutch all the way in) but at least I can say I know how to now. We got back just in time for me to work this morning at 8.30 (no time for a shower though :). Mallory and I worked 8.30-12.30 cleaning and getting things ready for the guests who came today. (Kandace and Krystal worked 1pm on - we switch mornings and afternoons every other week. Work went really smoothly, we got everything done on time which is impressive for us. After I got off I took a shower and a nap and called home to say happy father's day! and then it was back to work again. Mallory and I went back at 4.30 and joined the other two girls to help get ready for dinner. I'm dishwasher this week so I get to spend lots of quality time with dishes. It's really not too bad though - we only have the 22 guests this week as opposed to the 40some of the past two weeks. We got done by 7.30 which is great for us and then all of us house girls went swimming for about 2 hours. Oof. Definitely fun but exhausting. We played knockout and a game of basketball and then goofed off for a while. Now I'm here, sitting in my room typing this and thinking that I had a good day. Just to clarify: I am very glad to be here. If I have talked to any of you on the phone and sounded exhausted, it's probably because I am. But that doesn't mean that I'm not happy where I am. Hope you all are well, happy father's day, and hopefully update you again soon!

No comments: