Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Colorado...round 2

So I've been meaning to write in here for a while, but we all know how that goes. I'm back on the ranch, Waunita Hot Springs, where I worked last summer. This summer I'm only here until the end of June though, about half of the summer. I've been here since May 16th, almost three weeks, and it feels as though it has flown. I mean, it's been hard work - we've been spring cleaning (ugh...) - so the days seem long, but trying to think back to my first full day here (which happened to be my birthday, I'm 22!) seems nuts. It feels like it was a long time ago, but at the same time, not. You know? But anyway. Jenifer is here too, for half of the summer as well. There are two other housegirls - Mary and Ashley, two girl wranglers - Sara Jo and Ginny, Kolby is a wrangler, Jared is going to be a wrangler as well but he won't get here until tomorrow, Casey is a maintenance guy and there's another maintenance guy who just comes during the day, Tanner, and then Amber is coming to be the kid counselor again but she won't get here until next week. That's us! It's a good group, and I'm really glad to be here again. We're pretty much done with spring cleaning, thank goodness, and tomorrow we get to ride to Canyon Creek, one of my favorite rides. It'll be even more fun I think since it's just the staff. Our first guests come on Sunday, I think it's a week of about twenty some. Then another week of twenty some, then the third week has 42 I think - that's a big'un. Alright, that'll have to do for an update for now, I need some sleep. Let's see if I can find a picture for you...

This is from the day that Jenifer and I went hiking at a trail in Lake City - about 3.5 miles up a mountain. Oof. My body pooped out on my just before the end of it. Beautiful views though.



From left to right: Mary, Jenifer, and I. We were trying to capture the dirt on us and our attitudes toward it after a long day of cleaning the kitchen.

No comments: