Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

The best laid plans....

So I keep having these big plans for writing stuff down in here but guess what? They fall through. Who'da thunk? I think that has to be one of my biggest faults - making plans, dreaming dreams, but not following them through. Anyway, this isn't a negative post. Nope nope nope. Rather it's your sneak preview to the epic (planned for weeks) post.

So today was our first day back to school and such after a week off for break. Ugh! Technically we've been off for about a week and a half - I finished Thursday around noon of the week before last. Some of us were talking today and we'd almost rather they'd just make us push through and then end a week earlier. It's hard to actually get anything done over break, especially those who got to go home for the first time in months, and it's hard to leave those people and come back to classes. But we'll survive.

For some unknown reason one of my teachers today decided to show us an episode of Hawthorne RN that seemed to be an attempt to scare us off of nursing. This isn't really true - well, watching the episode is but the scare tactics aren't. It was just hard to watch the struggles that the nurses went through and feel real motivated/excited about what we'll be doing in a year or so. That, combined with the first day back, plus having two patients instead of one in clinical (first time we've had two), plus stepping out of class at 4:30 to a pitch black sky and rain was enough to make today a not so fun day. I realize that I hate getting up and leaving before the sun gets up and coming home after it has already set for the night. Yes, I realize that many people do that everyday and that I best get used to it for when I'm a big kid in the real world, but for now I'm going to gripe about it.

Some fun things that you will (hopefully) see in the next post: outcomes of apartment hunting, adventures of a trip to Chicago, Christmas hopes and plans (there's that dratted word again), and other such fun-ness. I hope you are all well and that this will satiate some of your terrible hunger for my amazing and eventful life. (This, of course, is sarcasm. I do appreciate you reading though, as un-hungry as you may be.)

Please also excuse the ridiculous wording and rambling in this. It's been a long day and I should really be in bed. Night friends :)

No comments: