Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

......hesitations....? And some recap-ations

Yes, another post. Ridiculous, I know. But I am attempting to pack and am starting to get really...unsettled...I guess? Not really sure that is the word that I want, but I can't find a better one. It's weird, I'm pretty excited about moving, about having my own place, about not having to drive. But as I sort and pack my things, I find myself dragging my feet and trying to slow time down.I've tried to figure out why, but can't come up with a really good reason. I think I've become comfortable, happy if you will, here. I was the person who always swore that I wouldn't come back, wouldn't move in with my parents, wouldn't get stuck here until I had gone out and experienced the world. If that is the case, then why am I so content here? Don't misunderstand, there is nothing at all wrong with Parke County (sorry Meg, don't want you to think that). It's just that it's only one place, one culture, when there are innumerable ones out there. And I want to see them. Hm. It's quite the conundrum. Regardless of my hesitations, I am leaving over the next couple days. I say leaving like it's something drastic, but in all reality I'll only be an hour away. Big whoop. But I've gotten used to the idea of my friends being right here, close (even though a lot of them are still in other states and countries). Ugh. I don't know what's wrong with me.

In other news, I had an amazing experience a few days ago. You know that musical that I wanted to go see? A little thing called Wicked? Well.....I WENT!!! And it was freaking amazing. Yes. Mom went with me and she was laughing at me because while we were sitting in our seats waiting for it to begin I was literally bouncing in the seat and counting down the minutes until eight o'clock. When it finally started I may have squealed. I got goosebumps during the songs and had a hard time not singing along (I mouthed every word though :). One more thing checked off the bucket list. Feel free to make fun.

I was trying to recap my 2010 the other day and had a hard time coming up with everything. Stupid failing memory. Some highlights though: my tattoo, graduating from college, getting accepted to and starting nursing school, my sister getting engaged, my brother buying a house, Colorado (again), dragging my friends to the HP7 premiere, New Year's, and lots and lots of other little things. Also getting to be around my family and at home friends so much.

I got to thinking about those pictures I posted a while back. Suppose I should explain some of them. The first two are pictures of a soccer game I went to with Vonnie and Jamie (friends from Lakeview). It was between the USA and Italy's women soccer teams to get to the World Cup. We won! Next is Dylan dressed as Harry Potter for Halloween, then a family picture at French Lick from mom's surprise birthday party. Then Meg and Court with a cardboard Justin Bieber at the theatre (Court's obsessed...) and me and Dyl being weird. Next was a picture to show why I was gagging in the car - a dead deer strapped to the top of someone's car driving down 41....ew. Next are hats: Dylan and I ganged up on Justin to get him to wear my bohemian-ish hat, and Brent tried on a dancing singing Christmas hat at Cracker Barrel. Yeah, we're all pretty awesome, I know.

Also, just a random last note. A new song for you. Check out Toi et Moi (You and I) by Antoine Dufour. I have fallen completely in love with it.

1 comment:

The Life of an Amateur Photographer said...

Ummmm I miss you come back now please.